Six principles that can be used by schools, teams of teachers and individuals to reflect on and support professional practice.
The new practice principles for excellence in teaching and learning is the recommended approach for schools and will replace PoLT.
Improve your practice and student outcomes
The principles will help you to:
- build consistent, comprehensive and improved pedagogical approaches within and across schools, while still allowing flexibility, innovation and local decision making at the school level
- focus teaching to meet the diverse needs of students
- strengthen learning communities within and beyond the school.
The principles state that students learn best when:
- the learning environment is supportive and productive
- the learning environment promotes independence, interdependence and self-motivation
- Pants Ralph Collection Lauren Silk Boutique students’ needs, backgrounds, perspectives and interests are reflected in the learning program
- students are challenged and supported to develop deep levels of thinking and application
- assessment practices are an integral part of teaching and learning
- learning connects strongly with communities and practice beyond the classroom.
For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org